View Single Post
      07-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #100
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Is that on Sport+ mode with the transmission in Manual mode? Even my wife's 2017 X5 (M sport but otherwise just a regular mom mobile) upshifts/downshifts very quickly and responds with very little lag on the paddles. There should be no issues with going to redline. If it is not following your commands, you're probably being way too aggressive with shift requests. You might even be hitting or getting too close to fuel cut-off and not realizing it.

Look at this M5 video. Completely different from the video you showed. I think that person just doesn't know how to drive the car.
Appreciate the video, but even after watching several times I couldn't make out whether the paddles were being used. Lag from requesting a downshift until the gear change happens is the #1 issue I have had with every non-DCT BMW I've test driven (even the 'M-performance' variants)

I will test drive the M5 in a week or two and will certainly make sure to set up all of the appropriate shift modes. Perhaps this why various folks have reported it to be sluggish? (I *really* hope so)
Appreciate 1
kyrix1st2350.50