First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
EV muscle car. Hilarious.
^^^ This!

There's more to a "muscle car" than 0-60 acceleration times. In this modern day and age, there are numerous cars that will flat out embarrass a muscle car in a drag race or most any other contest. Hell, my M550i will embarrass my Cobra in exactly the same way, but I don't consider my BMW a muscle car, while I absolutely do include the Cobra in that categorization.

In my mind, the term muscle car is truly limited to the era of the 1960s-to early 1970s. It implies a big engine with loud exhaust and represents the peak of power for that era. It usually also meant radio delete plates, manual transmissions, and in most (not all) cases, some form of appearance package that uniquely identified the car as something to behold.

I think the closest examples we have today are in the Dodge lineup with the SRT and Hellcat cars. Sure GM's Corvette could be in that group, but GM is really pushing the Corvette more toward the Exotic rather than muscle car designation. Ford has a couple of Mustang models that come to mind as well.

Even the Japanese "hot rods" have a unique classification as "tuners" or "EVOs". Let the EVs of this era come up with their own classification!

Last edited by dscabra; 11-23-2021 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 3
Germanauto9705.50
Murf99314116.00
540iSUP704.00