Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris888 View Post
I have a deposit on an AWD M3. Still debating tho between that a Tesla M3P and the M340i. Will decide when the final pricing comes out.

Some interesting facts...

- insurance between the M3, M340i, and Tesla M3P is almost the same and $200 more than a brand new Audi S5 sportback

- the all-wheel-drive version may come out as a 2022 model which means you lose out on the four-year no charge maintenance. For 2022 coverage moves to three-year no charge

- of course the $25,000 difference between M3 and M340i

But then again an M car is an M car!

Time will tell I guess....
very nice.. did they give you a ballpark on how much AWD is gonna cost on top? If I had to guess, it's gonna start in the mid 90s but I'd rather be proven wrong in a positive way

So i test drove a Model 3 Performance during my shopping process, I think if you are very focused on acceleration esp city speeds or the 0-60, that car is the best bargain available hands down even with our inflated pricing for Teslas.

This was last summer so I took a pre-refresh model (with the gloss black trims) out, I found the material quality inside to be quite ok actually, what I didn't like was jamming everything into the central screen and no instrument cluster or HUD and zero redundant physical controls. That's just bad design and unsafe IMO.

Yea my insurance quote for the M4 is not that diff from what I pay now for the S4 shockingly enough...

on m340 vs m3, only you can answer how badly you want a true M ... M340 certainly outperformed all expectations this gen for a "just a faster 3 series"

Wow your insurance was the same as your S4??
That's interesting... mine was $300 over my 2018 S5 ($200 over a 2021 S5)

All three M3, M3P, and M340i were all in the same ballpark insurance wise and all were way over my S5. I'll have to look into that more.

Price wise for AWD, no one had anything definitive. $2000-$4000 is what everyone thinks.
Appreciate 0