Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Don't forget an armrest delete.

I thought it was absolutely silly to delete the armrest in the previous CS. Hec, I think it's silly that BMW doesn't put a rear seat armrest in the F80 or G80. However much weight is saved from removing the opening mechanism and that open space (what, ounces?) is not worth the lack of comfort on a longer drive.

But if BMW is going to cater to you lightweight-chassis enthusiasts, maybe for the CSL, they'll go all in...and offer it without a radio, A/C, rear seats and the armrest, along with thinner windows, much less sound deadening, a carbon fiber hood and trunk, and more. For the CSL, maybe they'll go ALL in for you track heads.

For the CS, just give the rest of us some more power, more aggressive alignment and suspension tuning, and maybe a carbon fiber hood. But for many of us, we'll still want the radio, A/C and even the armrest. Oh, I'd like the thicker windows too.

Since they're seemingly producing both a CS and a CSL model, hopefully we'll get more focused models at varying degrees of "hardcore-ness"
BMW deleted the arm rest in the CS because the redesigned the center tunnel with CF and alcantara. I think it's visually much more appealing even though the CF only saves like 6lbs. I don't miss the armrest one bit.

I do wish they did things like manual seats and maybe thinner carpet, at least on the F87 to bring the weight down a little more.

Overall, I'm not a fan of the exterior aesthetics of the G82 but the G80 has definitely grown on me. The lack of manual transmission is a no go for me on either top model.

I'll wait for the first hybrid/electric 800HP M3/4 if it's going to shift for me.
Appreciate 0