02-05-2022, 11:44 AM   #30
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Because many Americans have become convinced they need a vehicle capable of towing a 30' foot enclosed trailer to go to Lowe's a few times per year. Or having two children.

Of course the raised seating position is nice, but it wouldn't be needed if everyone wasn't driving these huge vehicles and pull out into the intersection so no one can see around them.

That said, we are considering the '22 Crew Cab Pro-4X as the ladies next vehicle.
Some of us do need to tow large trailers and unfortunately if you do I have found nothing replaces sheer mass. I had never owned a truck or even an SUV until I bought an F150 to tow our 27’ at the time travel trailer. It did well and I really fell in love with the F150. For me I could see having one even without the trailer. It was very nice inside (platinum model) had a great ride and tons of space for everyone. PLUS you had the bed for when you did need to make a HD run or what not.

However we decided to sell that trailer and get a 32’ one that on paper was not much heavier than the old one. The F150 did not like that at all. No matter what we tried, what special hitch we used that shit was all over the road. That’s when big bertha came in. Traded the F150 for an F350… I did the whole deal online. Only saw the truck when I went to pick it up. That’s when I realized it was a long bed. This shit is fucking MASSIVE! That being said it doesn’t give a fuck about the trailer. It will pull that trailer upside down if it has to. So I would happily deal with it’s obnoxiously large size for the great towing since that’s the main reason we have it.

That being said if/when we sell the trailer I would definitely go back to an F150. I really see the appeal, but that’s as big as I would want to go. The F350 is too much if not towing. Not as nice of a ride either and just overall more of a pita.

My main issue with Toyotas is most have these horrible dated interiors. I think this one looks pretty good. I like the outside also.
Appreciate 1
W///7494.00