View Single Post
      11-23-2022, 12:53 AM   #42
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
NorCalAthlete Congrats on your new M4. I'm at Steven's Creek BMW once or twice a week buying parts. But the cars on the lot are priced much higher than other BMW dealerships. So I've never once thought to buy a car there.

If you don't mind me asking, who's your CA... ? And how do you like Silicon Valley Garage... ? I usually go to a nice place in Fremont. But alway open to perhaps better shops!

Shot you a DM with my CA's info. I've bought...I dunno, all total probably 15 vehicles from dealers in my life? He's easily in the top 3 I've dealt with. I mean the bar can be pretty low for a "good" car salesperson but he's solid.

As for SVG - fantastic customer service, close and easy to get to, and highly reasonable pricing so far from what I've seen. Good enough for me. I do have to bring my car back in a couple weeks for reinspection to see how the PPF settled and I can see a couple spots they'll have to redo, but that can happen anywhere. From what I've heard from 3 shops now is the GXX fronts have a design that just makes it difficult with lots of weird little angles. They do roll the edges and whatnot as much as possible, which is good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljblk4est View Post
I am looking at a "less busy" wheel design than stock wheels. The Vivid Racing wheels are nice looking, but too busy for me. But, I don't care for the wider 5-spoke designs either..... Busy, in my definition means a lot more difficult to keep clean. Not a big fan of the brake dust that these Beemers generate. I am 72 years old and bending or kneeling down to clean the wheels correctly is not as comfortable as it once was.... I have BBS CH-R alloys on my 2018 440i and those are about as "busy" of a design as I want. Those are a 7 double-spoke design. The Apex VS-5RS are a 5 double-spoke design.
Fair enough, yeah they're definitely busy and about at the limit of what I'd consider but they look really good I think. For cleaning, I hear ceramic coating them can help a bit, also different brake pads make a huge difference, and then hit them with some Sonax, let it soak, and foam cannon it all off. That gets probably 90% of the brake dust off in one go with no bending down. Anything more than that with brushes and whatnot I'm only going to bother with if I'm going to a show coming up.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0