11-22-2022, 11:36 PM   #40
sljblk4est
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4C RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Sorry - $40 more was in reference to the final negotiation on dealer numbers, not G22 vs G82.

I think you'll be very happy with that color. In my opinion it's the red equivalent of Tanzanite. Very dynamic and deep. I think it could maybe be a touch darker towards wine red, but if I went with a red it would still be my first choice. Damast and a couple of the others are darker, but don't have the same metallic glean in the light like Tanzanite / Aventurine (at least, going by the visualizer - I haven't seen any in person).

I HAVE been shopping wheels but haven't decided on which ones to get yet. I'd like to keep the OEM spacing and whatnot, but it seems like every aftermarket option I look at and like ends up being wider and more aggressive. Which isn't necessarily bad, just not quite what I want. I've got my eye on these Vivid Racing D05s (which half of you are probably sick of hearing me mention and are screaming at your monitor "just get them already!!!!") at 20x10 and 20x11 vs the OEM 19x9.5 and 20x9.5 (I think that's the OEM size, I'll have to double check). I also haven't decided on a square setup potentially.
I am looking at a "less busy" wheel design than stock wheels. The Vivid Racing wheels are nice looking, but too busy for me. But, I don't care for the wider 5-spoke designs either..... Busy, in my definition means a lot more difficult to keep clean. Not a big fan of the brake dust that these Beemers generate. I am 72 years old and bending or kneeling down to clean the wheels correctly is not as comfortable as it once was.... I have BBS CH-R alloys on my 2018 440i and those are about as "busy" of a design as I want. Those are a 7 double-spoke design. The Apex VS-5RS are a 5 double-spoke design.

Last edited by sljblk4est; 11-22-2022 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Clarifications
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13476.00
2011ninja3399.00