View Single Post
      11-22-2022, 06:29 PM   #29
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOne View Post
Very nice! I remember you deciding if you should go up to the M. Did you say your payments were only $40 more? Did I read that correctly?!?? I'm also going to be ordering a G80. Like you said the M340 is plenty fast and you'll never use all the power often but that's not the point lol
Sorry - $40 more was in reference to the final negotiation on dealer numbers, not G22 vs G82.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljblk4est View Post
My 2023 Aventurin Red M4 has already been built and is sitting on the lot somewhere in Bremerhaven waiting for a ship... I'm hoping the delays in shipping get resolved soon. It would be nice to have my M4 for Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't wait for the mod bug to hit... I knew what I wanted to do before I ordered the car. I am planning on getting some after-market wheels, probably Apex VS-5RS Forged, soon after I get the car. I will be going 20x10/20x11 from the standard 19"/20". I'll switch the rear tires (285/30-20) to the front and get either 295/30-20 or 305/30-20 new tires for the rear. Still trying to decide which color to get for the new wheels. I'm leaning towards the Anthracite with Satin Bronze a close second choice. I need to figure out how to photoshop both of those options into a pic of an M4 in Aventurin Red, so I can decide.

I didn't order the external Carbon Fiber package, because I wanted to have more CF than that package offered. But, I didn't want to pay the BMW prices for the additional parts... I ordered a set of H & R Sport Lowering springs and already have those. Those will get also installed shortly after I get the car. I also ordered some Sequential Turn signal inserts for the Mirrors. I have those on my Estoril Blue 2018 440i and get many compliments.

I love my 440i and will have over 102k miles, in 5 1/2 years, when I trade it in for my new M4. It has been so much fun to drive, obviously by the mileage accrued. Over the last 50k miles, I have averaged 29.5 MPG. I'm sure that won't be true of the M4, even under the best conditions. Oh well, there's always a cost for fun...

I was torn between the Tanzanite Blue and the Aventurin Red when I ordered my M4, I decided on the Aventurin Red because there are fewer M4's in that color. I really wanted to get Laguna Seca Blue, but it was not available as an Individual Color choice for the M4.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new ride. I know that I am going to enjoy mine when it gets here.
I think you'll be very happy with that color. In my opinion it's the red equivalent of Tanzanite. Very dynamic and deep. I think it could maybe be a touch darker towards wine red, but if I went with a red it would still be my first choice. Damast and a couple of the others are darker, but don't have the same metallic glean in the light like Tanzanite / Aventurine (at least, going by the visualizer - I haven't seen any in person).

I HAVE been shopping wheels but haven't decided on which ones to get yet. I'd like to keep the OEM spacing and whatnot, but it seems like every aftermarket option I look at and like ends up being wider and more aggressive. Which isn't necessarily bad, just not quite what I want. I've got my eye on these Vivid Racing D05s (which half of you are probably sick of hearing me mention and are screaming at your monitor "just get them already!!!!") at 20x10 and 20x11 vs the OEM 19x9.5 and 20x9.5 (I think that's the OEM size, I'll have to double check). I also haven't decided on a square setup potentially.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0