View Single Post
      02-06-2021, 01:10 PM   #97
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Evolutionary changes pay homage to BMW heritage. The G8x thumbs its rather large nose at it. Going from the F8x to a face only a beaver mother could love is not evolving, it's a leap from where BMW once stood, once billed the ultimate driving machine.

Evolving implies moving ahead. Oversized grilles are yesterday's news, rocking the boat back to a 20-year old design feature is devolving. The future is in EV's that don't require grilles. If BMW is truly evolving, it should at least point in the right direction.

I don't mind evolution. I've studied evolution. This isn't evolution.
To be fair those EV manufactures also have absolutely no idea what to do with the nose of the car now that a grille isn't required lol the model 3 'front dent' looks much worse than the g80 m3s front end in my opinion. I think they saw an opportunity to make the m3/m4 stand out compared to the rest of the lineup which would be pretty unique to bmw...as the c63/model 3/rs3/ct4 blackwing don't stand out a whole lot from the base models...for better or worse. Id much rather be driving a car thats divisive than basically riding around in an S3 with some minor minor visual upgrades but I can definitely see why a lot of people wouldnt.
Appreciate 2
Scorp!on1511.50