02-20-2022, 09:17 AM   #44
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Because of GM bankruptcy. The C7Z was supposed to have an NA engine. The LT4 was a last minute botch just so they can put the car for sale. The C7Z final piece was an afterthought.

As far as the other stuff, i have not heard of any brake issues like that on any people i know with C8's.

The only issue i see from a stock C8 stingray are alignment issues, causing massive understeer from factory. Once owners get the alignment sorted out, they are running with C7Z's and porsches. It's insane performance for what the car is. An entry level corvette.

The Z06 is so advanced compared to a stingray. Not in the same league. So it's hard to look at the stingray and point out it's flaws and think it'll be the same for the z06. Z06's are just that much better.
Interesting, appreciate the insight. And I hope you are right, I’m intrigued by the new Z06 perhaps as my next car.

But as for your other comment, running with the C7Z and Porsches, well, that’s not saying much. I pass those and more exotics all day long. My car is quick, but shouldn’t be that quick.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0