02-20-2022, 12:13 AM   #40
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
That's strange as ferrari owners joined the corvette forum stating they're on the z06 list lol.

Not saying the z06 is better than a ferrari because that wouldn't make sense. No car is better than another.

The z06 WILL be a better value over a ferrari, as most z06's are in terms of performance for dollar. But i totally get people would want a ferrari (if they can afford it), because of the name.

I was just saying GM offered their version of the ferrari 458 but better at a time when everyone is going EV and/or smaller displacement turbo engine. GM puiled out all the stops and offered a monster NA engine that sings better than the 458.

Corvettes aren't for everyone. But usually those who dislike them, or have no interest in them, always seem to talk, smile, and look at them when they're around them lol. At least that's my experience

GM did a great job with this one
You can look at this from the other perspective as well. Just after everyone else moved away from high revving NA motors, GM came late to the party. Why didn’t they do it 10 years ago, when it would have made an impact.

Plus, given how much trouble their “special engines” have had in the past, I’d wait a year or two before buying. Unless you like beta testing for them.

For example, the new brakes on the C8 seem to be engineered very well, they look the part, feel the part, but somehow are utter crap on track. Whether it’s the pad compounds, lack of sufficient cooling for the speed of the car, or something else, I don’t know. But last time on track, I helped a guy swap new pads halfway through and he still got *massive* deposits, to the point the car became undriveable.

So let’s wait and see the actual performance and owner satisfaction before we declare a masterpiece. I’m rooting for them, but just sayin.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0