View Single Post
      09-14-2021, 11:08 AM   #39
bmwdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
M3/M4, they are always better and will always be better than non M cars.

It also depends on what you want to do with it. As a daily, M cars are too rough on city roads, guzzle gas, higher insurance, etc and you almost never get to experience its full capablities. For track, racing, tuning etc, G80 is still the best bang for the buck.

BMW dialed the daily driver, power and looks category with M340/M440 cars and I do love mine for that aspect. I don't need more power or better handling when I am stuck on I5 doing 15 miles an hr but it is nice to have great power when going over mountain passes or when you really need it. For a daily M340 feels better than an M car for my purposes. I also had a E92 335 manual and E92 M3 manual and that was also the case then. I hated daily driving the M3 where 335 was a blast to drive.

My lease is up next year and I would love to replace it with a M3 but I still can not get over that grill and because of that M3/4 is completely out until (or if) BMW does something about it.

G80 generation is by far the best M car I have ever driven but I need to enjoy looking at what I am driving.

Next year will either be another M340, M5 or something completely different, jury is still out.
Interesting viewpoint. I'm hesitant to track a $80K car so the M3 might see the track maybe once a year or not even that. So I wonder what is the point of the M car on the street. I will not touch the limits of a 340 on the street let alone the M. And yet I still prefer the M. Hmm.
Appreciate 0