01-04-2021, 03:20 PM   #22
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkoboe View Post
In 2014, this video is what made me stop debating the purchase of my M4 and pull the trigger. There were so many engineering changes to the car like the rigid subframes and the carbon fiber drive shaft that nobody would ever see, but made the car what it was, a true M car.

Now we get hokey videos of M town, hipsters, and “it is fast.”

It is not my M anymore.
I would definitely love if BMW M division created nice technical videos showcasing the great little technical things that make the G8x better than the previous generation or even competitors, as opposed to their current questionable marketing campaign... But saying that you'll make a decision to buy or not to buy the G8x based on the content published by BMW is poor/emotional decision making in my opinion.

I'd much rather:

(1) wait to hear independent reviewers say things like "the G8x drives better than the F8x despite its additional weight", "is faster in straight line and on the track/twisties", "steering feel & feedback is improved", "ZF8 is as good or almost as good as the DCT", "offers the driving experience of a proper M car", etc.

(2) drive it myself and see how it fits my specific expectations and needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Well just a guess but when last M3 was 3.9-4.0 0-60
and new X3M does 3.3

guessing this will be right about 3.0 and shaving 25% off 0-60 time for any 2020s car, that's amazing.
and the fact that the entry price will be in the low $70K range for a 0-60 3 second car is also amazing! numbers will probably be on par with the new corvette for similar prices when fully optioned, except M3 is 10X more practical. A small nose job and its a beautiful car.
We all know that the M xDrive version will be much faster than the F8x in a straight line and even the RWD version will probably also be faster in a straight line. What we need to know is how it performs once you hit the first turn. In the video when he was saying "much much faster" the cars where being filmed on a track so I hope that translates to better track performance & times

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 3
bmwdrive464.00
EXE462100.00
solstice5456.50