View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 05:30 AM   #14
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by recentrisk2 View Post
Just curious, are the carbon seats practical as a daily driver? Anyone know how comfortable they will be? or are they just meant for people driving as a weekend car for short distances?
No one (or close to it) here has spent time in them so it's hard to say for sure. Everyone's idea of comfort or "acceptable" varies widely.

I think if you get them simply because they look cool, you may be disappointed. Just like many people get an M car and say "boy, what a rough ride, I hate this".

I think they should be a good bit easier for ingress/egress and finding a comfortable spot due to the seats adjustability... something obvious lacking in a fixed bucket seat... of course you lose rigidity by making it adjustable. Also length of trip probably matters a lot. I recently heard a 19yo complaining about the fixed buckets in GT3 on a ~2h drive to the track.

they do look cool, but I'd make sure you can at least tolerate them on a showroom before ordering...

Appreciate 0