CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
This does kind of show the difference in execution between BMW M and Porsche GT.

BMW is selling hype and nostalgia with an influencer like Shmee (less so Mr. AMG as I like his content but he's still more influencer than journalist, IMO). The car has been revealed for several months now and not much has been discussed about performance; just styling.

Meanwhile Porsche GT also included some nostalgia in their recent videos with AP and Chris Harris/Henry Catchpole, but the focus was on the evolution of the model, performance and GT car customer satisfaction (weight, suspension, PDK operation, etc.). Little with regards to styling, besides how well the camo did its job to make the car ugly and the new blue, was really discussed in either video.

What's funny is that I seem to be in BMW M's target demo but I align myself more with the Porsche GT values... I just need my bank account to catch up

I still haven't ruled out a G80 because 1) I like the styling and 2) a new manual sedan is tempting but I'm still not a fan of the weight gain and fact I can't get laser lights and a heated steering wheel without opting for unwanted bloat with the other stuff in the Exec. package.
They go with the influencers because of just that, they can be influenced. The true automotive press has not been so kind to the G8X.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 3
JTO245246.50
Remonster821.00