View Single Post
      11-17-2019, 09:14 PM   #163
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

I went to the Seattle auto show today which was pretty sh*tty but BMW had a lot of cars on display and it offered some interesting observations. Since this is a color thread thread I’ll start to say that this year it was a Donnington grey X3M that had my eye in terms of colors. Last year it was a Marina Bay blue M5.

Why can’t BMW just make these type of excellent shades of colors standard colors on all Ms? It would save them time, cost and us the frustration of having to deal with the lack of great color shades on some models.

The X3 is far from the prettiest shapes/design of BMWs, for me it’s closer to the bottom but since the color plays such an important role it made the car outshine others.

Another observation was regarding controversial designs per this forum and the general public. My observation, they aren’t controversial at all. During the hour or so I spent around the BMW area the busiest cars to get access to was:

1. X6 M50i
2. X7 M50i
3. BMW 745e
4. M5

Least busy car, I literally saw no one approaching it. It was the only car no one looked at. Portimao blue G20.

I hanged around the X6 and 745e a bit longer to listen to comments. Not one mentioned the grill. And honestly it didn’t look out of place...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50