01-27-2022, 11:16 AM   #520
Ryan_sng
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ‘16 S3, G80 M3C (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
Thanks for the input fellas!

I spoke with two dealerships that have been recommend on these forums, one I've purchased multiple M cars from in the past, and both want a $2k deposit. One flat out said the deposit was non-refundable the other skirted the questions by saying "all the allocations will be presold" which I take as non-refundable.

Can anyone recommend a dealer that is taking refundable deposits on allocations?

My lease isn't up until October but speaking with a sales rep he is currently filling allocations for builds in June and delivery in September.
I dealt with Otto's here in Ottawa. My SA only asked for a $1500 deposit and was very clear that it was fully refundable if anything changed. They even wrote it down on the price sheet/lease agreement and the sales manager/SA signed it stating it was fully refundable for any reason. I originally wanted delivery next spring for personal reasons, and my SA said he would look into giving me an allocation around Dec for delivery in late March. But I changed my mind and opted for late 2022 delivery and hopefully should be on allocation towards end of this summer.
Appreciate 0