VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
OP, cannot speak for the MT, but if anyone questioned the power of the Competition models I would question if they have ever driven one?

What does seem to be clear based on numerous reviews and direct comparisons is that the Competition model not only has more torque/power than MT model, the difference is readily apparent on the roadway/track. That being stated, I have not heard anyone else suggest the MT is by any means underpowered, or otherwise feels 'flat.'

The topic of a 'break-in inspection' tune that release more power, releases rev limiter, etc. . . . is tired and beat to death. Not sure why it comes up so often?? ALL that occurs is a fluid swap, basic inspection and deactivation of 'running-in check.'

I have yet to come across the official 2021 BMW Maintenance manual, however, the 2020 manual covers the 'break-in inspection' and I doubt any change in the inspection protocol has occurred. Page 8 of the manual covering the 'break-in inspection' is attached. . . no idea why M4 and not M3 is listed?

///AVM
Because there were no M3 in 2020, only M4 (F82)
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
Remonster824.00