Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska8139 View Post
Agreed. I took ownership of mine (after backing into an allocation after waiting >8 months) after my RS6 was damaged at port and after test driving an M3 and I couldn't be more satisfied with my choice. I can see why it's such an enthusiast favorite after owning because it combines all the elements so beautifully.

The RS6, while beautiful to look at, is not emotional or dramatic enough despite its high capability. It's too much of a GT car. The M3 was just not practical enough. Its trunk is the same size as my previous M2, which isn't enough for me since I plan on stowing away strollers for long-distance commutes. YMMV. That, and it's way too expensive for a mass produced car. Great performing car, though.

A wagon form M3 would definitely be worthy buying, imo. Once you own a wagon, it becomes quite clear about the compromises sedans and SUVs both require.

I'm in the same boat with the RS6. Just test drove one and the power was very lackluster and the thing felt like an absolute barge. And way too quiet, could barely hear the v8, the Cayenne Turbo has a better exhaust note. Audi just tries to be too sterile, they need to let their hair down a bit.

I was torn a bit ordering a RS6 or a G80 xdrive and for almost 1/2 the price of a used RS6 (market is still nuts) I am going G80 all the way.
Appreciate 0