View Single Post
      03-17-2022, 11:40 AM   #481
Ska8139
Rep
Drives: Dad mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelin Man View Post
We have had M3s and an X5 M. We just got our first ever Mercedes- a S213 (wagon) E 63 S. WOW. The sound, speed and handling is next level from an X5 M. The X5 M is fantastic for an SUV, but the E 63 S Wagon is in a different class. We had to step out of the BMW family, because BMW does not offer a high performance wagon here in America.
Agreed. I took ownership of mine (after backing into an allocation after waiting >8 months) after my RS6 was damaged at port and after test driving an M3 and I couldn't be more satisfied with my choice. I can see why it's such an enthusiast favorite after owning because it combines all the elements so beautifully.

The RS6, while beautiful to look at, is not emotional or dramatic enough despite its high capability. It's too much of a GT car. The M3 was just not practical enough. Its trunk is the same size as my previous M2, which isn't enough for me since I plan on stowing away strollers for long-distance commutes. YMMV. That, and it's way too expensive for a mass produced car. Great performing car, though.

A wagon form M3 would definitely be worthy buying, imo. Once you own a wagon, it becomes quite clear about the compromises sedans and SUVs both require.
Appreciate 0