06-24-2023, 10:34 PM   #21
M3RLIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive - BGM/Fjord

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_buu View Post
I wish I went with Elhabassi, went through a headache with several others 😦

About PPF can you please share why you went with Benchmark over Metropolitan ? Seems 300~ is not a big deal but would love to learn and know more! (I’ve never done full body PPF and considering it for my new in production bmw m550)
The $10,000 quote from Metropolitan was just for PPF (STek Dynoshield). It did not include any ceramic coating over PPF or on wheels/calipers, tint (they don't apply tint), or tax. I think just the full PPF from Benchmark was $6900 so you can see the difference is $3000 for comparable services.

Based on the chips I developed in my front bumper in only a 2500 miles and the amount of glossy black trim, I think PPF is a good idea if you want to maintain the condition of the paint. It is also less hassle and maintenance. I don't have the time or inclination to wash my car every week, but I know when I get it washed or detailed, it will always look new again. I also drive my car everywhere - commute to work, grocery store, shops, movies, etc. It gives me peace of mind to have the whole thing protected. If it was a weekend car, I would at least cover the front bumper, front and rear fenders, and all black trim.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602259.00