Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Blame the enthusiast community for the perceived horsepower wars.
Possibly....but the enthusiast community is buying up older cars at the moment, IMO. I entertained buying a 964/993 911 and was absolutely shocked at the asking prices and how quickly one had to act or the car was sold. Even a 997.1 GT3 or 997.2 GTS.

I had to pay a good sum for my 1M and even though posters on here claim they are easy to find. I assure you they are not, it is hard to find the car you want and can take a good amount of time. The search for an analogue experience is getting expensive, IMO.

This is a fascinating conversation between Chris Harris and Harry Metcalfe the founder of Evo magazine about the press's role in making cars too fast and less engaging. I still love modern cars if they have a good manual gearbox, but it is interesting to hear their opinion on the matter.

Give the community more horsepower and they'll complain. Give them less, and they'll complain as well. Give them analog and they'll complain. Give them less, and they'll complain as well. It's cyclical. Of course I'm generalizing, but all it takes is to read through the threads over the years to find examples of what I'm referring to.
Appreciate 2
JTO245276.00