View Single Post
      02-15-2023, 03:14 PM   #26
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
You seem to be overly serious and a bit grumpy - are you sure you're not German? (for the sake of clarity, that was a joke. I am not sincerely stereotyping all Germans...)

I appreciate that your experience is different than mine. I have driven in many different countries, and ridden as a passenger in even more. My personal observation is that driving competence and courtesy vary wildly - not only from country to country, but from state to state.

I don't question that there are many drivers in the States that can obey simple traffic laws, or manage to drive without eating a bowl of cereal (I was no-kidding rear-ended at a stop light in Virginia by a woman distracted by eating cereal while driving). I'm just saying that in my experience, the "minority" that make up the bad drivers in the States is a fairly high percentage of the total drivers. Far too high, IMHO.

I sincerely love a good burn, but I'm not sure that one was worth the edit...
It was a great burn. I blame that it was first thing in the morning that I didn’t think of it right away. Basically you’re calling yourself a shitty driver because you’re an American. It’s awesome. Of course we all know that you really meant that everybody else all the other 319,999,999 Americans are all shitty drivers and not you. But you didn’t say that.

It seems to me that perception is much different than reality.

https://driving-tests.org/worlds-best-drivers/

Last edited by Patton250; 02-15-2023 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0