View Single Post
      05-07-2021, 12:18 PM   #9
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Detailed my black M4 Comp yesterday. Took about 50% longer than my '18 Vette, not surprising with 13 more inches of length. Use Maguire's wash with carnauba, which I like best, and Griots "Best in Show" wax. I had thought they waxed it before deliver, if they did, it was a quick wax, at best. Car shined great, but surface wasn't smooth at all. After, very slick and great shine! Nothing like a black gloss paint after a wax...for the 20 minutes before it gets dusty...Wheels which look fantastic--bright with black, are a pita to wash and dry. Getting into the small spaces and then drying them is a lot of work. Other than that, just takes time. Used an orbital from Griot's and after the 30 minute "set" time, there was wax that I had to work to get off. Put on too thick by me. You really have to be careful to keep it thin with premium wax, not always easy. Anyway, looks great and has protection as well as shine. Will use Maguire's' wax and dry spray after washes, as it does make the shine pop.
Appreciate 0