10-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #22
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
This worries me a lot as I wait for my M3. I also don't "mind" the grilles but I would have much preferred F80 style grilles. I'm getting the M3 despite the grilles and not because of them. Thanks for that BMW designers. I hope the look grows on me and not the other way around. I've seen it in person plenty of times and every time I see it, I think it looks good. It looks great. Well at least it doesn't look bad. Not too bad anyway. It looks ok. Etc.

I really don't want to feel like I want to get rid of the M3 in a year or two or 5 months. Having said that, I think the M8 looks fantastic. I wouldn't want the additional weight, but if money were no object I would choose the M8 over the M3/4.
Aside from the grilles I think it's actually the side profile that gets me as well. I felt like the previous generation had a more aggressive stance with the power dome hood whereas this one is just kind of flat. Still a nice looking car though. And likely would be not as much of an issue if the subject of my prior lust didn't become 20 to $30,000 more affordable.
Appreciate 1
bmwdrive464.00