07-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #17
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbob View Post
All seasons are a tire meant for summer, rain, snow and ice however don't do any season well. If you barely had any snow or ice and drove something with much lower horsepower you could run all-seasons. The M3 would eat your all-seasons in no time.
Barely snow, and definitely not ice. I see you're in Calgary bmbob, so you know better, but just to make sure nobody misunderstands:

All-seasons are not meant for all seasons. It is bad and dangerous marketing. Regions with real winter relegate an all-season tire to 3 seasons at best. There are a few proper all-weather tires, but the point remains: you make compromises.

The only reason I'd buy an all-weather (like a Nokian WRG) is because the PNW does not have a real winter. Still, my solution for years is running a dedicated set of summer tires and a dedicated set of winters, different wheels for easy swaps.

I don't understand why anyone would do anything else on a G80/82 if they have to contend with temperatures below 7C with snow. I also don't understand why anyone would drive anything with over 300HP AWD or not without having the right tires for the car and the seasons.
Appreciate 1
bmbob268.00