bmbob
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18' C63S, 15' M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgw85706 View Post
I am definitely not trolling.... not even sure I know what that is. And I know a M440i would be sufficient to meet my needs, but considering to step out of the 911 back to a BMW, and considering resell.... the G82 is a smart buy and a good value. Since this is my daily driver and there is no intention to track and would never put it on snow or ice, my question is to consider an alternative tire with more treadlife. That is all I am trying to investigate. Thanks.
all good... I'll make it simple for you then. All seasons are a tire meant for summer, rain, snow and ice however don't do any season well. If you barely had any snow or ice and drove something with much lower horsepower you could run all-seasons. The M3 would eat your all-seasons in no time.
If you aren't spinning your rears and are not an aggressive driver a Michelin Pilot 4S (likely OEM) should last 30,000kms (18-19k miles). You should not expect an all season to last longer on a 500hp vehicle.
If you were tracking, likelihood is you would run a tire in a different class such as pilot sport cup which all have super high grip and terrible tread life.
Result = BMW is providing the correct tire for this vehicle. If driving in winter you would change to winters. If no winter driving leave the highly acclaimed Pilot alone.
Appreciate 2