View Single Post
      11-13-2020, 04:18 PM   #39
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I have a different view. I find the F8X chassis to have much improved over the E9X, it is much more agile and playful. Lighter weight, more rigidity, hard mounted rear subframe all made that happen. What the F8X lost over the E9X is a little soul in the engine bay and some tactility in the steering, but overall it provided a much better driving experience for me, particularly on track. That moved up another notch with the M4cs, that brought back some of the "rawness" of the E46 (my DCT M4cs is within a few lbs of my old 6MT E46).
Yeah, you’re one of the worst off with the G8X taken that you took full advantage of the F8X evolutionary anomalies with the CS. You are getting 2.5x average generational weight gains etc. at once. Luckily Porsche is there to save you for a minor fee...

I’m far from decided myself. I have 3-4 cars in the running, two are P-cars. And while I agree weight is getting out of hand for this segment I suspect the G8X will be just as fun and capable on street and track as the F8X. Interesting weight note, I was at the city dump yesterday. Our Cayenne weighed 4576 lbs with me in it. Not bad for a truck, maybe he G82 will be close

Last edited by solstice; 11-13-2020 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321119.50