View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 09:06 PM   #45
F80SRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 xM3C/'20 X3MComp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
I'm totally flabbergasted when I read all the ppl wanting the carbon seats for "the looks".

I could not care less for the looks, regular seats look great, I track my car 10 times per year min and this is the only good reason to consider them, at least to me.

I went to the dealer today and sat in both seats and I could not see myself dailying and doing the same routine I do with my Q5 with the carbon seats. On the other side I know I would hate myself for not having them at a track day..

I think if you don't use the car on a track more than 2-3 times a year or ride very curvy roads on a regular basis there is not much need for them, the regular seats will have way more benefits in this situation.
I agree with you. I'm large, 6'4" and 250lbs and I just couldn't see myself daily driving in the CF buckets. LOVE the styling but I actually think I won't like the car as much driving it for hours at a time in the buckets.

So, I'll get Fiona (can't get in CF) and ventilated and enjoy the daily.

For those you getting the CF, awesome. They are gorgeous seats! It's not a poor choice and I think that's the conclusion here. Neither is a poor choice.
opielm88.00