01-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #59
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
No there is no vetting process for BMWs (there was supposed to be an M4 GTS vetting process but it fell apart after the cars negative reviews is my understanding, cause people backed out). An M4 GTS was 133k and they couldn't give them away at one point. M5 CS allocations were totally wide open in June 2021, about 6 months after announcement (I must have called about 6-10 dealers just in my area that all would take an MSRP order). This won't be more than an M5 CS. Expect it to be around 135k-140k. It won't be BMW's most expensive car just cause it's a CSL.
There was a vetting process in the US. It is not that people backed out, it is because BMW produced an extra 100 units, all sent to the US at once at the end of production. Total of 803 instead of 700 for the world. So some dealers were stuck with those last 100 for a while. That is how I got mine. Could not get on the first list.
Reviews did not have much of an impact. It was a supply and demand issue for the US market. They almost all sold over MSRP in Europe and were sold out in no time there. They are still selling over MSRP down there after 4 years and average mileage. A low mileage example in Europe will cost you over $200,000 in the current market.

To go back to the subject at hand, I cannot see myself ordering this one. Boring back end and ugly front. I value style as much as performance. To each their own...

Last edited by jpdchicago; 01-03-2022 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0