Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroricardo View Post
I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned, or maybe this is the wrong place. Who's going to this?

https://driving.bmwusa.com/mtrackdays
I've attended one of these. If you've never tracked before, this is an excellent way to dip your toe in high performance driving and get a small taste of the M School they offer at the BMW Performance Centers.

The autocross is fun and the lead follow will get your adrenaline pumping if you explore the limits and the instructor feels you are progressing. They will go as fast as they feel you are capable of.

The drag race, however, is largely a waste of time from a learning perspective unless you count the box at then end where you have to stop the car within the box for your time to count.

For the price it isn't bad since you aren't buying your own tires and you are getting decent instruction. I'd call this an intro to a beginner's course. For anyone who really wants to develop as a driver, though, the M School is the way to go. You will leave M School at about an intermediate level depending on how much you are willing to soak up and respond to the course.

For anyone who already has some track days under their belt, $500 for a half day is a bit steep since you can get a full day racing your own car at a world class track like Laguna Seca for around that price, albeit without instruction, but with much more seat time.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 4
mzwerner393.50
RockinPA4848.00
spuntyb4054.50