03-05-2021, 06:06 PM   #26
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I'm posting in a number of threads regarding my opinions since I just spent almost an hour checking out both M3 and M4 at local dealer. I've been very torn over which I would want since I like both and the $1900 premium for M4 stings a little when you're already going to be north of $90k and I do have some limits on what I want to spend. What my heart tells me to spend may be different though.

Unless the wife dramatically disagrees, the M4 is the one for me. It is visually spectacular and more special than M3. In pics I think the side view is awkward with the rear being too long but this is not the case in real life. The proportions are fine and the lower and slanted greenhouse is much more aesthetically pleasing than the domed appearance of the M3. From behind it is also much more sporty and special and I think the hips, while not low slung fender flares, work very very well. The are wide and aggressive. The only downsides I could find are the doors are obviously long and that creates some issues, and the rear head room is terrible. I'm 5'10" and if I put myself in front of me, I'm gonna barely fit in back. The leg room is fine, but that roof is seriously low in the back which will make tall-ish people slouch, pushing knees forward. I almost never have more than one passenger though so should be ok for me.

The M3 looked good as well but it wasn't as unique and aggressive in my opinion. If you regularly have rear passengers or have tight parking spaces it's a no brainer to go M3. Otherwise it's M4 for me.

Well said! I also like both, just a coupe guy and as you say, M4 feels visually more unique to me.

And thanks for the pics, can't see enough of the M4 in IOMG and getting more and more excited for mine when I see this
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1514.50