therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
That color is hot.

In regards to the review...it is merely one man's opinion. I still find it very suspicious that there are no reviews from journalists yet. I know journalists can speak a lot of bs, but sources like Car & Driver generally know their shit and have vast experience with BMWs for decades. I trust their word over a forum member who's experience and bias is unknown.

I'm honestly over the front. It's the near 4000 lb curb weight which worries me. The car can still be a great performer, but I've never driven a 4000 lb car that felt tossable into corners or wanted to dance through traffic. I have a suspicion it will feel like the C63...more of a muscle car that can still handle well enough.
My 4110 lb F83 M4 has never bothered me, nor any of the reviewers online. Weight is undoubtedly important, but it isn't the be-all and end-all. Design and engineering need to be taken in a holistic context, not in a piecemeal fashion. I'd reserve my comments on how the car will drive/feel until actual reviews come out, and, most importantly, until I get to drive one myself.

Feel free to go crazy over the grille, you guys
Appreciate 0