View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 08:21 AM   #219
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Your figures are listed as if they are mathematically computed, and it does not appear that there are any obvious assumptions.

The issue is the weight of the G8X AWD by considering the weight of the G82 manual in the OP’s video.

We cannot assume that the G82 in the video is configured for the US market. G82 can be packaged differently or not packaged for different markets. We do not know what the specs are for the G82 or for the F82 in the video. Do we know for a fact that the differences between the G82 manual in the video and the G82 AWD (configured as the F82 in the video) are only the ZCP and seats?
From the exchanges above between you and CanAutM3, there are differences in the weights of both your existing M3 CSs which you appeared not to be able to account for mathematically. Do you think the weight of the production G8X AWD (which is not even available) can be computed mathematically when we do not know what specs are for the G82 manual in the video, and also compared with the F82 (specs of which are not made known) in the video? Why can't BMW just tell us eg the actual specs of the G82 in the video, weight of a fully loaded one and/or compare it with a similarly equipped F82?

It is not my statement; it is quoted from BMWblog, as shown in the link posted. Presumably, it should read as “the heaviest F82 BMW could lay its hands on for the video”.
The difference in weight between my CS and the homologated weight for the CS is 2lb. 2lb. I'm not sure how much closer you think it should be, but I think we're pretty good there.
I can't speak to CanAut's car. I've stated my conditions when my car was weighed on corner balancing scales: completely full tank and completely oem.

I don't recall discussing the weight of the AWD G8X at any point. That car isn't coming out as a 2021 model. We can be quite sure it will weigh a good amount more than the RWD G8X car.
The people clamoring for lightweight AWD cars seem to not understand that AWD hardware adds a significant amount of weight to any car. It's been like this since the beginning of time, not sure why it seems like a surprise.

There is no 'apples to apples' comparison of a AWD G8X to a RWD F8X because they are two different systems.

We don't know the spec of the F82 in the video but I know the spec of my CS, which is heavier than the video F82 despite having a CF hood, no center console and a cf prop shaft. Options I have are HK sound and the executive package.
The assumption is quite reasonable, unless I'm doing the equivalent of playing chess with a pigeon and have to stop wasting time answering.

Finally, if you don't mind, I'll take euro weights which are legally homologated in europe, from a european mag not associated with BMW a million times over 'bmwblog', which does not need to worry about homologated weights. Wasn't bmwblog the website that said the F8X weighed 3400lb?
Appreciate 0