01-13-2021, 05:35 PM   #209
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by apirumann View Post
And no mention of the glorious weight distribution figures (53/47) that BMW has boasted and been appraised for, while comparing the weight of an apple to that of a pear... Looks aside, bad weight distribution on a big boat... We do not have to agree but favoritism must have boundaries as all things do
50/50 is better no doubt, but I'am not so certain that this mildly skewed distribution will make a lot of difference. In comparo with Audi which carry +60% in the front, 53% is still rather neutral I'd presume. It will however allow for a bit higher entry speed in the braking phase, and allow sooner acceleration on apex on the exit phase. The cost of this is a gently more understeered character when you aim at the apex.

Also prepare for their video still to be released where they will explain the smaller front wheels vs rear, providing the opportunity for a significant 'higher' tire providing a more progressive turn in and make it less sensitive to directional jerk. Also the wider front track will help clearly to build more directional prowess.

Damn, I hope I'am not converting to a fan already, reading my own post.
Appreciate 0