View Single Post
      01-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #90
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictrainer View Post
I understand that weight gaining is never a good thing, but it's also not necessarily the ultimate crucifix either. My main concern was the 300-400 lbs gain weight that we were made to believe which as we've seen now is considerably less. Keep in mind this car will have an even stronger engine with even better power delivery, oh yeah and better brakes and room for more tire. As was clearly stated, with Cup tires this car will be faster than the M4GTS, now it's just a matter of how much faster and with what kind of driver feedback.

To put things in context, a Camaro 1LE which is touted as one of the best drivers cars not only weighs about as much as the G8X but also has less horsepower. I only bring this up because again weight is perhaps one of the most important factors in a sports car equation but at the same time it's also not the only and ultimate.

I will reserve judgement and stay tuned for the rest of the chapters in this multi series release, but all I can say is at this point I'm pleasantly surprised. Hopefully one of the next chapters will address the track performance.
Just ignore lots of the criticism of the G8X. It's coming from whiny whiners who spend their day whining.

First the weight gain appears to be 400lb and everyone rallies against that.
Now it turns out the weight gain is much smaller, 152lb worse case, 66lb best case.
And yet still, the hate fest continues

You may think it's specific to the G8X, but it isn't, it's to everything BMW does.
When the M2 CS came out there were infinite hate for it. Why would anyone get this instead of a Porsche GT4, blah blah blah. 'For this money I'd go PCar'
Then the price came out, cheaper than the GT4. Still, no respite from the hate
EVO mag chose it as their COTY for 2020... do you think that made any difference?
Appreciate 5
EXE462100.00
solstice5456.50
PLF693766.00
Dr.Deep1827.00