View Single Post
      01-07-2021, 09:22 AM   #46
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmedeir1 View Post
I think frozen makes orange look sick! In fact any frozen on this new design works especially well.

This is not a bitch, but I am still finding it hard to get behind the new design of this car. Its not just the front...its just a bit too busy for me design-wise which downgrades the design in my mind. Its not just this car (the M3 or M4) but the overall design template of all new series of late is just not fantastic. TBH I am 40% wanting to go G82 but 60% saying if I am not totally in love then why spend.

I've waffled between M5 (cant go that big BUT performance is fantastic!) and the M8 (for the cost there are better options and cant stand rear end) but again I am afraid I might not be able to pull the trigger on any BMW until they win me back design-wise. Was really hoping to transition to the G82 but thinking the new 992 GT3 is probably right for me potentially even if its not a like-for-like comparable across all aspects.

Anyone else having a difficult time ?
You're not at all alone. I'm one of the ones who was most put off at the design for self-serving reasons. I presumed that a G80 would be in my future for the past 5 years, until I saw it. I would have loved it if the car was attractive to me, as the value proposition is there, and it would have made the next car purchase much easier on the anxiety/spend fronts.

Alas, I cannot talk myself into the spend for something that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. At first photo releases, I made a joke at the time that I couldn't wait to see the LCI. Then I went to see it in person and my stance was not changed at all.

In the middle of this I decided to begin moving forward with a Porsche order for this (at the time, next) late Spring.

COVID year comes through full force, have had some unexpected health expenses through the winter, as well as a large maintenance project that needs to be done on my house.

Where I'm going with all of this is; I really hope I'm able to pull off the P-car this year still. But if I'm not, I still can't wait to see the LCI. Why - goes back to your initial stance here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmedeir1 View Post
TBH I am 40% wanting to go G82 but 60% saying if I am not totally in love then why spend
My current headspace isn't a fun place to be as a car guy.

Anyway, all of you with G8x's in the pipeline, enjoy the anticipation. It's one of the most fun parts of car buying, IMO. I'm sure it will be a monster on the streets, and give you all of the fun you're looking for.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0