12-01-2020, 07:50 PM   #21
///M4TT
18’ F82 ZCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F82 ZCP in MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4TT View Post
Power/Torque outputs in the GT4 are directly commensurate with the color of optional PowerStick (inserted into the Scrutineering logger on the console).

There are six power levels starting with no stick up to the mythical black stick. Trust me, these are expensive options. With the appropriate stick, the car is immediately set up with tuning maps that comply with race/series regulations.
From Road and Track:
"the M4 is pretty close to the FIA's ideal power-to-weight ratio as-built. To fine-tune that ratio for different series, the car uses "Power Sticks," USB thumb drives that plug into the car to provide five different power levels depending on series rules and regulations. The car is quoted at "above 431 hp" using the red power stick, which is both the lowest level available and the one used for IMSA Continental events. The silver stick, which is next up, is currently used in Pirelli World Challenge. I'll be driving the car with the gold stick, which is the Goldilocks choice. Move all the way up to the top-flight black stick, and you're probably illegal in any series anywhere—but you're also close to 500 horses."

The GT4 is definitely not a run of the mill M4 Comp. If I had the money, I'd own one of these in a heartbeat.