low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PDX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
You're justifying something you said by comparing it with something equally ridiculous that others have said. I disagree with both sentiments but I disagree with yours slightly more (because yours is predicated on an expensive aftermarket purchase).

I liked it from the beginning. Others warmed up to it. Here's what you're missing: most people decided they didn't like it based on leaks and pics of camouflaged test mules. When they "came around" later, it was because they saw the actual car in most cases.

I'm baffled by the folks on here who literally get angry if any of us want to challenge or question BMW's designers? The MOST followed posts on here are fabulous posts of members who MODIFY their BMWs. The aftermarket is a MULTI-billion dollar industry. So, what is suddenly bad or wrong with this particular modification - - a simple front end appearance modification? Isn't this just the front end version of adding a carbon fiber diffuser and rear spoiler to the back end? Owners want a different look. No big deal.

frankie, if you like the angry beaver design, GREAT! I'm happy for you. You need do nothing further.

For others, an aftermarket front grill might be just the ticket, allowing them to drive a car that looks attractive to them, and is still a BMW!

It's a free country. Let's value and embrace diversity of thought.
I'm one of those people. All my cars have been far from stock. This was the only way I was buying into a G80 and I'm actually super excited that the aftermarket is taking off sprinting with it. I can't wait to see what other companies come up with
Appreciate 0