View Single Post
      09-01-2021, 05:19 AM   #84
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
It's particularly confusing because there are a number of BMW systems, for example the dealership ordering system, the system Genius uses to query orders (sometimes they use the mainframe BMW system, not the same as the dealership), different systems between regions (US vs Europe) etc

Each one of these systems have a bunch of dates labelled using different headings, for example here's a screenshot from my UK dealer back when I placed the order in mid June:

If you look at the circled labels, we have:

Req. Prod Week: Week 37 Month 09 Year 2021
Sub. Prod Week: Week 37 Month 09 Year 2021
Conf. Prod Week: Week 36 Month 09 Year 2021

My understanding is they map to:

Requested Production Week (as requested by the dealership)
Submitted Production Week (???)
Confirmed Production Week (as accepted per the factory - this should be the true production week used for tracking the order)

I have seen other screenshots where some of these dates are described using different labels (eg PW or Planned Week)

So could it be that the week 37 on his build sheet refers to the "requested production week", but the "confirmed production week" isn't until say week 40 (beginning of Oct)

Maybe someone in the know can shed more light on this - calbears perhaps?
I appreciate you posting this. It just adds a lot more to the confusion. Of course it probably is different in the UK than the US. However I guarantee somebody here knows the exact 100% truth on all of this. I am still pretty confident that the week number in the US is the week it’s supposed to be finished. That doesn’t mean it will be finished it just means it’s supposed to be. I’m ready to be corrected though. My wife does it all the time so I’m used to it.
Appreciate 0