View Single Post
      09-01-2021, 04:20 AM   #82
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
I was able to take an allocation, not sure why it was available, but hey I took it. The build sheet says week 37. The salesperson on the other hand said that production starts at the beginning of Oct. and I should expect the car in Dec. Something seems off. Do cars get completed and shipped that quickly?
It’s posts like this that don’t make any sense. I realize you’re just relaying what your sales person told you but you or him or both of you are not understanding the process correctly. Build week 37 is between September 13 and September 19. That’s supposed to be the week your car is finished. That’s what week 37 means on your build sheet anyway. So either you guys are reading that wrong or he just doesn’t know what he’s talking about. The only other option would be that none of us know what we talking about and there is no methodology to this. However that can’t be true because there’s hundreds of pages of previous threads that tracked many builds of many models pretty accurately. So I’m going back to what has always been known and that is when you are given a build week that’s the week it’s supposed to be finished.
Appreciate 0