View Single Post
      03-05-2021, 02:27 PM   #105
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefermeister View Post
I own 2 rwd cars and a awd car now. Stock E92 M3, tuned 300ZX making 550 whp and '19 RS5 sportback stock.

Total cliche but I think track, weather, DD and or little bit of both if desired.

My e92 M3 is decent on track and street, the power it makes stock isn't going to burn the rubber off rear tires all the time like my Z without any traction control or nannies from the factory. I feel like once you go FI on RWD, you are completely delusional to think you are getting everything out of that kind of power with so much torque throughout the power band. Sure you can feather the throttle and slide and steer your out of it if you're skilled driver or drifter but on the street, it's meaning less and for some unsafe, I.e. "Mustang" drivers. Especially true if you turn off traction control totally or partially. Hoon mode isn't for your average driver.

IMO RWD high powered cars are great on straight line highway rolls if you have dry pavement. Or if you enjoy a lot of drama when you take off. It can be embarrassing too when a Golf R spanks you off the line in your brand new high powered turbo car. My Audi rs5 honestly has not lost a race from the dig with a RWD car. It's laughable when a hellcat is smoking next to me trying to catch up. And people would argue well on racing slicks and wider tires blah blah. Even pros spin wheels when you're making significant power.

At the end of the day, AWD car for me is a daily that fits my style, my climate, my personality. When I was in California, I never ever thought about AWD. Even my SUV was FWD. lol. And I would imagine I'd get the G80 M3 Xdrive for the same reasons as my RS5. I actually might trade my rs5 in for that when it comes out as a new daily since BMWs seem to be more enthusiast friendly when it comes to mods period.
How do you like the RS5? I heard when it first came out of it was completely rubbish, just a soulless car, but that the more recent years have fixed it a bit. Audi as a brand was underinvested in for years, but they seem to have fixed some of that in the last few years
Appreciate 0