View Single Post
      02-27-2021, 11:44 AM   #5
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Walkaround video added:

This is a G80 M3 in Portimao Blue available for sale at a local dealership. I went and checked it out this morning as I hadn't seen a lot G8x in person yet.

As almost everyone is saying it does look much better in person and has great presence. It's hard to capture the front in pictures but as you look at it and walk around it it's sweet!

The grille is absolutely not an issue for my taste and it really feels part of the overall design. The hood design works perfectly with the grille and the lines from hood to grille provide nice continuity and the two indentations in the hood look like a mirror reflection from the grill. I expect the CS or CSL will make those functional vents which will be awesome. A typical hood bump wouldn't have worked as good as what they've done.

I was worried that the bottom black trim wouldn't look good and make the car feel higher off the ground, but I wasn't bothered by it in person specially on this color. I know I'll be dropping the car so that'll be even better.

It didn't have the M Carbon Exterior which I'm planning to get and it didn't have the shadowline lights so those thinking about this option checkout the close-ups of the non shadowline lights here.

I'm not a fan of black interiors in general but the standard seats are very nice and comfy. I'm not considering carbon buckets. It also didn't have the interior CF trim which I really wanted to see and definitely will order.

I also saw the M4 in Tanzanite Blue over Kyalami Orange and I was happy with the orange interior. It's definitely orange but not as bright or loud as some people made it sound. I wouldn't have a problem selecting it on Portimao Blue if that's what I'm going with. The M3 does look sharper and has more presence than the M4 from the side & back. I found the M4 a little too soft and lacks that boxy shape that the M3 has.
Attached Images

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 5