12-04-2020, 05:23 PM   #175
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I'd say it is more of a break than an evolution.

The common thread of all M3(4) since the inception with the E30 was to provide a dual use car, a practical daily driver and track toy. While the recipe to achieve this has evolved throughout the years, that basic philosophy behind the design and marketing of the M3/4 has remained constant. Folks debated over the recipe, but the intent remained. The F8X was an evolution, as it was able to expand on both extremes, being the best daily driver and most track ready M3/4 of all generation. Quite a feat IMO.

However, it is pretty clear that they have broken away from that common thread in the marketing of G8X. We'll have to wait and see how the car drives on track, but but from a design/engineering standpoint, weight went up significantly, they moved away from DCT and downgraded on other aspects such as the rear brakes, which also indicates a departure from that original thread.

I've read now quiet a few posts from you and no offense to you but some points i'd like to say.

- We get it, you hate the new M3/M4.
- You don't miss a chance on any thread to speak bad about that generation but you didn't even set a feet in that car
- BMW is going new ways. So what? It's their philosophy, like it or not! I appreciate their courage to go complete new ways regarding the design! compared with porsche or audi which look since 50 yrs the same!
- you wan't a daily driver and track ability? you get it with the M3/M4, at least regarding the numbers! you have absoloutely no idea what the engineers thought when creating the cars and i'm pretty damn sure they know much more about how to build a car than you.
it's heavier, so what? are you hunting lap times? are you running a Championship with your car? or do you just want to have fun with it?
who tells you you won't have it with that car? you didn't try!
- you change now your M4 with a Porsche whatever number. Good for you! you have the money to spend the double amount of an M3, happy for you. Now go to the Porsche Forum and be happy there and stop flaming here, it's annoying.

There are people here who like that car and like to discuss about it, and it's also okay to point sometimes out the negative aspects but your post's are really getting tiring and boring...Jesus every manufactor has stuff which people may like or don't.
You make the impression to be that kind of guy who want's to keep tradition in every aspect at every cost no matter on what topic.
Screw evolution, right?

oh and p.s.
at least in this segment they are still offering MT. Thank you BMW !
Appreciate 2
VetteGuy845.50
duky1316.50