CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
I'm not trying to argue with you, we have different perspectives...

///M cars have always been the high-performance motorsport-inspired version of the series they are based on (M1 does not count). They still are today, but times changed and so did the cars. ///M still stands for Motorsport, but doesn't mean BMW is going to sell street legal race cars.

Even the E30 M3 which is arguably one of the purest ///M cars with the best Motorsport legacy came to the US standard with power windows, sunroof & other features in the 80s. Those were optional on the non-M 3-series at the time. It would've been more "Motorsport" if the M3 didn't come with those features but BMW knows market expectations.

It's the same with every generation, the standard series grows & changes, the corresponding M car grows & changes. For the enthusiast this appears to be a departure from what the ///M brand stands for, but it's just a natural evolution.

We will soon have electric ///M cars.
It is not a natural evolution, it is a chosen path by BMW.

We see Porsche and MB being more performance and driver focused than ever, BMW is moving in a different direction.

I have nothing against electric cars. When they are ready to suit my needs, I will have one in my driveway. If ///M makes the best one for me, then that's what I'll have .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0