01-06-2022, 09:26 AM   #60
Visconti
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M3 & MSport 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBen View Post
I'm with you here, I'm kinda blown away too.

Let's take Pro Tuning Freaks for example. They are US based, their ENTIRE business model revolves around the BMW N, B and now S motors. yet they haven't produced a solution for unlocking the G80/G82.
North America Based, but not USA.

Quote:
They must have sold thousands of licenses at $600 a pop, so likely a few million in revenue minimum.

Surely they could have a few FT programmers working on this, and bring in other experts as required?
Believe me when I say this, different companies have been working on this for a while now.

Even with Femto's solution, others are still working on it.

A company like EcuTek, MHD, or BM3 isn't going to figure this out.

What is likely happen is someone else will figure it out and sell it to one of those companies. But once the cat is out the bag, it'll be copied and Bosch will patch/block it. This is why Femto is only doing it in-house.

Maybe Femto will allow us to provide the service here in the USA for them.. that would save at least $500 my current price because I wouldn't have to pay DHL

Quote:

All credit to Visconti and Femtoevo working together. Given the logistical challenges they seem to have a workable product, which while not cheap is workable and looks well ahead of Pro tuning Freaks (who are yet to even release anti lag and map switching for the S series motors for X3/X4M's.

I'm still hoping that PFT and MHD get their act together, but I personally feel comfortable with the solution offered here.

- Side note, as an Australian watching on it is hilarious to see yanks get weirded out by Russia. The whole Trump / Putin thing then Hunter Biden / Ukraine debacle was in the news so much in Australia, I can't imagine citizens of each of those countries has much faith in the other.

Thanks!

I was also a little concerned with sending stuff back and forth to Russia.
Would the items get lost? Would there be poor communication from Femto? Is their real life turn around as quick as they state?

I have a new perspective and respect for Russian's.

They have really been a pleasure to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
For me, politics plays a ZERO factor in my decision making process.

These are just new waters we're threading in where most of us have never sent an ECU to a third entity to "work" with. And I'm using the word "work" loosely here because I don't know if they are changing the software or cracking open the unit to solder a few 'circuits' to accomplish the intended results. However, lets be clear that so far, it's proven to work. And for this, congratulations are in order to Femtoevo & Visconti.

If I were to do this upgrade today, I'd would definitely go with these guys. What's stopping me is that I still need to learn a few terminologies used by the vendor that I need to get familiarized with before dropping $4Gs... And, and, justify to myself dropping said amount on a car that has a looming 'shell' recall on its head.
We have done mostly B58's so far (40+), you'd have to look on the Supra Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/3340...78508135981605

But as time goes on you'll hear from more of my G80 people.

S58 cloning is limited due to ECU supply, but our STG1 tune which can be delivered without a clone goes 10.5's on 93octane. STG1 E30 has been 10.17... Performance like this will please most.

John
Appreciate 4
GixY2K518.00
02M3ForMe4269.00
destoyan523.00