View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 12:42 AM   #321
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Depressing. The last bit of hope I had.. What I’m truly confused about is why on earth they thought it was a brilliant idea to make the M3/M4 look different from the G20’s base design... BMW has been a wolf in sheep’s skin brand for the longest time and now they want to change that? The G20 has received quite positive reviews, why change it? They can just alter that, but they chose to go with a whole new design.. The dilemma.
Wolfs in sheep clothing worked with the e39 because 90% of the population didn’t know what an M5 was. Financing was different back then. You actually had to make serious money to afford a car like that. So you didn’t see many on the street.

Here in Southern California I see more M models than cars with M packages. Even a base 330i looks more aggressive than a wolf in sheep’s clothing...let alone a m340i. How do you differentiate the models if your sports package already looks like an M3?

BMW hasn’t been the wolf in sheep’s clothing company for awhile. The M division is headed down the road of what Mercedes did with their new AMG split brand.
Appreciate 3
JTO245276.00
solstice5459.00
GerryM5249.50