View Single Post
      05-31-2022, 11:21 AM   #6
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassComp View Post
Sorry, but what is meant by "banks are open"? Can a dealership order a vehicle without waiting for an allocation?

Supposedly my dealership told me I'm first in line on the wait list for a MY2023 M3 Comp xDrive, but I assume nothing will happen unless they receive allocations from BMW.
When a dealer accepts a deposit and asks for your build, they enter that information into what they call the "order bank," which is accessible by BMWNA and may help them make allocation and production decisions. When an allocation(s) are released to a dealer, those order(s) are transferred from the bank to the allocated pool, and it flips to status 111. I am not certain how orders placed for MY22 get "converted" to MY23 allocations; I'm guessing the system tries to copy existing options and packages where possible, but it's still up to the CA and customer to verify the result is what they want. (This, I'm guessing, is how laser lights got dropped for many orders between MY21 and MY22 when they were removed from the Executive Package.)

calbears can probably confirm or correct me on the above. I believe he stated at one point that order bank orders are automatically transferred when allocations come up, though I'm unclear how that reconciles with a dealer's customer queue when they're managing multiple deposits and lists. i.e. Does the system just pick the first/oldest order from the bank and then the dealer can override?