04-18-2021, 05:26 PM   #7
4MULA_1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogurat View Post
Q: I'll be driving the car from AB, Canada to Missouri, US a day or so after I pick it up. I live there currently.

Is driving the additional amount of miles after surpassing the (1300 miles?*) break in period an issue when bypassing the first scheduled appointment? Just wanting to make sure I take care of the car best I can. Also wondering what happens at those appointments? I assume flush & just complete check of health?

The journey is 1800miles / 2800 kms. But you could assume anywhere in a ~300 mile buffer upwards.
I'd definitely find a place to do the service along the way. My brother was recently looking at an F80, and the previous owner had missed the break-in service and got it done at around 2,400 miles. The dealer told him that the vehicle would not be eligible for an extended warranty once the original/new car warranty was up.

Even if you're not planning on keeping the car, it might hurt your resell value in the future. I understand it wouldn't matter if it's a lease because it wouldn't be your problem later on, however I'd still try to do right by the next owner even if they might never know about this little detail.
Appreciate 0