View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 06:55 AM   #8
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre View Post
I'm going to be different from the rest here.

My advice would be to discuss the issue openly.

If this relationship has any long-term possibilities, you both need to understand what each other want/need/can't stand in a relationship.

Communication is how this information is exchanged.

Over 38 years of dating/marraige, my wife has done many things that got under my skin - and vice versa. We discussed them openly, and if they weren't deal-breakers (they weren't) we modified our behavior/responses.

If you find that she's unwilling to communicate and work toward a common goal, then you have two choices: Continue with a relationship that has no long-term future (do you even care? Or are you just experiencing life until you get out of school/better job/etc), or break off the relationship and start fresh on your search for 'Mrs. X'.
Thank you!

OP - I assume you are both over 18, right? If so, welcome to the land of grown-ups. Grown-ups talk to each other with openness and honesty.

Tell her you're trying to make her more comfortable by driving less aggressively, but that her constant complaining about how you drive even in the face of those efforts to do "better" are aggravating.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent15127.00
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50